(Information that will help you get the best out of any ANY camping retreat)
What does my registration fee include?
Your registration fee includes: a place to set up your own tent, meals, snacks when applicable, and all events.
Are there designated spaces for camping (tents)?
You may set up a tent you bring in designated areas.
How many guys usually attend the campout?
Last Spring, our retreat was attended by 200 guys!
Must, oh must I be naked the entire time?
The majority of the participants are naked a majority of the time, but there is no hard and fast rule that you must be naked the entire time.
What sort of facilities does the location of the campout provide?
There is hot water for showering, porta potties, common sheltering for our food area, and much much more.
What if I'm flying into Austin and don't have a ride to the event?
We recommend renting a car.
If you need a ride or if you would like to offer a ride, you can talk about that on Austin Naked Yoga's secret Facebook group. If you have a Facebook account but are not a member of the group, you can send a message requesting to join the group. If you are a member of the group, you can log in and post to the group.
For those without a Facebook account, please contact us at email@example.com and we will relay your ride request.
What if I've never done yoga before?
Yoga Camp is open to ALL levels of yogis! Each class is designed with multiple levels in mind so that all can enjoy. Don't worry, if you are a beginner at yoga, you will not be alone.
What if I get a boner / hard-on / woody / stiffy / pitch-a-tent / pogo-stick / bazooka/ captain standish / morning wood / happy stick / full mast / dipstick / firm worm / mighty monkey / etc?
Be proud of it! Embrace your boner-ness! In all seriousness, this is a great question and one we get asked all the time. Erections happen and that's the best part about them. If you get an erection out in the open during the camp, no one will judge you. In fact, they might be kind of envious and it might even spark a conversation "Lovely erection, old chap. Wherever did you find it?"
Is there a lot of sexual activity at the camping retreat?
The focus of Naked Yoga Camp is joining the mind, body, and spirit through Yoga practice, creative self-expression, and community building. We neither condemn, nor promote sexual activity; we simply require that visitors are respectful of others at all times.
Is there a lot of drinking (alcohol) at the camping retreat?
In short, no. While some people do bring alcohol to the retreat and choose to drink at various social gatherings, this is not, by any means, the focus of the retreat. You are encouraged to bring whatever beverages you like to the retreat.
What age group typically attends the camp?
In the past, our yoga camp has had great diversity in age-range. We have a good spread of guys ranging from their 20's to their 80's. Everything is inclusive and the environment that we create while at the camp is one that typically breaks down age barriers.
What is the weather in Austin like in May?
It's Texas so the weather is hot in May by most standards - typically in the upper 80's/90's during the day. The camp is at a slightly higher elevation than Austin and can cool off quite a bit at night - into the upper 50's possibly (but often doesn't get below 65), so bring something warm just in case. Rain is a possibility and should be considered when packing. We recommend checking the weather for the long range forecast for Wimberley, TX prior to packing for your trip.
Can I stay on Sunday past 6PM?
No. The owners of the property require us to vacate the property by 6PM on Sunday.
Are there any women at the retreat?
Naked Yoga Camp is a male only event.
- Yoga mat (or buy one from us)
- Plenty of water
- Snacks and favorite beverages
- Reusable/thermal coffee cup (We will serve coffee.)
- First aid kit (baggie with band aids, antiseptic, Neosporin, etc.)
- Some warm clothing in case it gets chilly at night
- Sturdy shoes (Flip-flops may not be enough.)
- Bedding and shelter of some kind
- Garbage bags (Pack it in, pack it out.)
- Any required prescriptions/contact lens supplies, or whatever else you need to maintain your health and comfort
- Toiletries (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.)
- Flashlights and spare batteries (Headlamps are very helpful.)
- Sunscreen/sunblock and sunglasses
- Lotion / lip balm
- Insect repellent
- Earplugs (Not everyone at the retreat will sleep when you do.)
- Smokers: portable ashtrays to hold your cigarette butts
- Colorful Accessories - feathers, glitter, glow-sticks, wig, faerie wings to wear for the faerie procession/maypole. Or perhaps your fae spirit leans to the dark side...? Whatever expresses your true nature.
- Common sense and an open mind
What should I NOT bring?
- Explosives, aerial flares, or rockets
- Firearms of any kind
Is there any other information I should know?
- There may be some attendees that are under 21. Make sure you do not provide alcohol to a minor.
- No pictures, please.